Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not enough hours in the day!

I can't believe it is the middle of June already! YIKES!! We have been uber busy here on the farm...planting, weeding, picking strawberries, tending to the chicks (which are all grown now!) and chickens...and the list goes on!

We have new jams & jellies in stock, new items in the shop, and more coming soon! 

We have also been switching up our diets...blech! :(  B-Real is sticking to the low-carb/high-fat diet, and loves the results that he has gotten. I; on the other hand, had to change up my diet due to some health concerns. After many months of pain and being sick...and loads of EXPENSIVE tests later...I am now on a low-fat vegan diet. I wasn't much of a meat eater before this...but I have a love affair with anything dairy! Ice cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cheese...oh cheese how I miss you! I find myself craving things like hot dogs, and brautwurst! I have to say that I feel SO much better! The fact that they didn't have to remove any organs (they were talking about taking out my gall bladder...possible problems with my liver...pancreas...etc) is a plus, I have struggled with the no dairy rule though, and I hope to one day introduce it in small portions back into my diet.

We also have vacation coming up next week! YEAH! :)  I am so excited to spend a week @ the lake house. There is nothing more relaxing than the lake house in Northern Michigan. It is about a 6 hour drive from our farm, but so worth it! We have our own dock on Portage Lake, and it is about a 15 minute walk to Lake Michigan. Plus there is a fantastic winery about a 10 minute walk from the house...HEAVEN!

Well, I will try to keep up to date more often...things have just gotten extremely hectic! We will also be MIA for that week of vacation. There is no internet service at the lake house, and it is about a half hour drive to any Wi-Fi service....so we will be totally disconnected! :) 

Hope everyone has a pleasant week!

No comments:

Post a Comment