Thursday, April 23, 2009

People never cease to amaze me...

Note to the reader: This probably will be offensive to you...if you take things to heart! I don't mean it that way...I'm just venting.

So, it seems that news of a miscarriage spreads MUCH slower than news of a pregnancy! I know people mean well by telling me how sorry they are, (well that's nice and all) but after a month...I'M SICK OF TALKING ABOUT IT WITH STRANGERS! I don't even like to talk about it with close friends! I'm not a "sharer" when it comes to personal (deeply personal) issues.
When does common sense click on in an average humans brain? Well, I'm learning that the majority of the town of Archbold seems to be lacking that gene.

I guess that's not really true...not for everyone. I am grateful to those people who knew about the miscarriage, and right away gave their sympathies...then we moved right along onto our regular lives.

I now have people coming up to me congratulating me on a pregnancy that is not anymore. Other people seem to not get the idea that when I mention drinking, or they see me drinking; that I'm not pregant anymore. I'm not ignorant...I do know that drinking harms a fetus...do you REALLY think I would drink if I WAS pregnant??? Like I said...common sense!

I just want people to understand that I'm drowning in this little town, with people who don't seem to understand/respect boundaries, living a life that's not completely my own, in my own self pity...just trying to claw my way out of my own personal cloudy hell. If I want to talk to people about my personal life...I would bring it up.
Well...that's enough venting for one lifetime on that subject! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment